Chicken, Egg, Chicken.
It seems that everything has to be done in advance of everything else and trying to do anything in some sort of order is nigh on impossible. Building a coupé is, though slow, as complicated as it is fascinating.
With the radiator in place and the lower support arms adapted to fit, a couple of extra problems surfaced.
The veins on the new core are very close together and the radiator chap told me not to use the plastic tie thingummies, but to make up brackets for the fan's support. That's fine, but where to secure the brackets to the radiator's frame needs further thought.
The thermostat housing also created a problem as its outlet encouraged a potential for an airlock in the system.
I made up a new flange and fished out of the come-in-handy bin, a 90° stainless steel bend.
This will work as long as the radiator is topped up to a level above the bottom of the header tank - something I'll have to keep a sharp eye on.
I remembered that my new flange had no provision for the fan and water pump switch. Luckily, there was an in-line housing in the water pump kit.
Staying with the waterworks, the fan for the demister and cabin heat has an awkwardly square outlet on the cabin side. The CAD system was employed to make a pattern for the new multi-outlet plenum....
... which sits on top of the hamster cage.
All these jobs are working towards getting the chassis driveable and for that the scuttle has to be finished, which means I have to have some idea of where the windscreens will sit and make provision for the wipers and washers.
Checking the shape of the windscreens from all angles and how they will sit in relation to the rest of the body, I could see that the Riley pattern wasn't quite right. I made up a cardboard template and cut and bent the frames to the new shape.
I didn't notice until afterwards that the uprights have a different profile to the rest of the frame, and I need to extend each of them by 10mm. I'll have to think of something before I can move on.