The farm's fuel bowser came with an oddly designed filler neck - either that or something was missing.
When filled, because of the angle of the filler neck and no seal in the cap, on the road and in the field - so to speak - the fuel leaked into the base of the trailer. At least the spilled fuel was captured as the base of the trailer doesn't have a drain hole. I came up with this idea - a flanged cup with an 'O' ring which is pressed by the spring against the filler neck's flange as the cap is screwed down. I haven't heard that it works - but I haven't heard that it doesn't.
The extensions to support the dashboard 4" further into the cockpit have worked well, although I'm not hugely happy about the new arrangement.
You'll notice that the shape of the dash does not now conform to the shape of the scuttle. I have choices: either make the dash again (that would be the 6th example) or, strip the veneer and add pieces to achieve the shape (then reapply new veneer) or, as The Great Collector suggested, make a coaming that in effect rebates the dash and covers up the gaps. Hmm.
The jury is out on that for the moment. In the meantime, I busied myself sleeving the mounting holes.
One of my many oversights waiting to be corrected was the floor supports. I don't know why I didn't think to make them extend all the way to the back of the cockpit. I only discovered their shortcomings (ha) when I sat on the seat and ended up in a muddle with the rear axle.
Most of the weight is carried on the shaped tube and the rearmost part of the supports will have to deal only with Miss X's vanity case and whatnot.
When I came to cut the angle on the lower braces - the chop saw wouldn't handle anything so acute - I found this method with a cutting disc to be both quick and accurate.
The other face-up of the week was to remove the gearbox and fit this gasket which I'd forgotten about in the assembly. I thought I was going to need some help as the bell-housing has to come off at the same time and the whole is quite heavy. As it turned out, because the bell-housing has been re-engineered to take the T9 box, the gasket would be superfluous so it was all a struggle for nothing. Interestingly, the extra few inches of height conferred by the chassis being on axle stands, made the job much less back-breaking - either that or I'm not as old and weak as I thought.